Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009 - Media Savvy Resolutions

Happy New Year! I'm excited that this begins the 9th year I've been sending out my montly e-newsletter, called Media Savvy eTips. I always put different advice in the eTip than the suggestions or observations I share in this blog. But I've had such terrific reaction to the latest edition, that I wanted you to benefit from it, too. The eTip urged readers to set Media Savvy goals for each month of the new year. Here are the first five resolutions:

For January, I resolve to create a media contact sheet. It will include names, emails, addresses and phone numbers of local, regional, national and trade reporters and editors.

For February, I resolve to introduce myself as an expert resource to each person on my media contact sheet.

For March, I resolve to raise my profile on social networking sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Tweeter, etc.

For April, I resolve to submit myself as a source on www.HelpAReporterOut.com.

For May, I resolve to improve my ability to speak in soundbites in one of the following ways: getting coaching, joining Toastmasters or recording myself answering questions on a home camera.

If you are not already a subscriber to Media Savvy eTips, please consider signing up. You can do so by going to my website and clicking on the portion on the upper right that mentions the free newsletter. Or you can send me an email with "etips subscribe" in the subject line. And if you'd like the other seven resolutions, just ask.

In the meantime, have a happy, productive new year!

No comments: