Saturday, October 18, 2008

Simulcasting

A few of the publicists and prospective guests pitching stories to me for my daily talk show can't seem to grasp the idea that it broadcasts on TV AND airs on radio at the same time.

Here's how I describe it in my email signature, and either people don't read it, or I need to do a better job: "Mornings airs on Sirius 161 from 6-9 am eastern. From 7-9 am eastern, the program is also simulcast on FamilyNet Television."

We're not the only ones doing it. You've heard of Don Imus, whose radio show now airs on RFD-TV. And if you're a sports fan, you probably know about Mike and Mike on ESPN.

Still, I get questions like:
  • How can you be on the radio and the TV at the same time? (not only are we are going to a listening audience all over the U.S. and Canada by radio and across the U.S. by TV, Sirius plays our show live on the Internet!).
  • When does your radio show end and when does the TV show start?
  • Can I listen and watch at the same time?
  • So you're on the air for five hours a day?
Because simulcasting is cheap television, expect to see more of it in this tight economy. The great news for those of you seeking publicity is that you get a bigger audience with simulcast shows!

No comments: