Sunday, December 16, 2007

Keep Your Own Appointment Book

Recently, two newsmakers with whom I've scheduled interviews a couple of weeks in the future have asked me to call them up the day before and remind them.

The immediate thought I had was, "This opportunity for you to speak to an international audience is not important enough to you for you to remember or write down on your calendar?" Instead of speaking my mind, I politely explained that if I had time, I might send an email reminder.

Most guest schedulers will send a confirmation so that you have something in writing to jog your memory. But asking for a reminder call is out of bounds. One of these newsmakers even had the nerve--or naivete--to ask me if I could call her 15 minutes beforehand and practice with her.

That sounds like someone who needs a soundbite coach to me!

No comments: